River Walk for Hospice
October 13 @ 6:00 pm – 10:30 pm
You’re invited! Join us for our annual fundraising and friend-raising event, RiverWalk for Hospice on World Hospice and Palliative Care Day, Saturday, October 13. This year’s world-wide theme is, ‘Because I matter’, chosen to emphasize the human right of proper end of life care for all around the world. This year is the 100th anniversary of the modern hospice movement founded by Dame Cicely Saunders in London, England. Her famous quote sums up hospice philosophy of care that ‘you matter because you are you’. World Hospice and Palliative Care Day’s purpose is to promote a collective vision to increase the availability of hospice and palliative care throughout the world; raise awareness and understanding of the medical, social, practical and spiritual needs of people living with life limiting illness; and raise funds to support and develop hospice and palliative care services around the world. All funds raised at our Walk from the River Market to the W at Pier Park and back will be used in New Westminster supporting people at end of life who choose to stay in their homes via our Compassionate City Crew volunteers and also supporting people who have experienced grief from a loss through death. The majority of the funds raised at this River Walk for Hospice will allow us to begin our bereavement group support program this winter with a Bereavement Walking Group, walking as we share stories and support each other’s journeys.
Let’s get started!
- Register as a participant here: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/new-west-hospice-society/events/river-walk-for-hospice-2018
- Set up your fundraising campaign or create a team fundraising page here: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/new-west-hospice-society/p2p/river-walk-for-hospice-2018
River Walk PrizesAdults
- Spousal Wills ($850 value from Cassady Law) OR
- Tattoo package ($360 value from Royal Anchor Tattoos) and Tony Hunt Signature Series jacket ($350 value from Creative Embroidery).
- Kids Bike ($140 value from Capps’ Bikes)